Saturday, July 7, 2007

Krispy Kreme


Yesterday, I arrived in Tokyo, Japan. On my way from the train station to my hotel, I walked passed a Krispy Kreme. I was surprised for two reasons: 1. That they had a Krispy Kreme in Japan 2. Because there was a line outside the door that curled all the way around on to the bridge on the other side of the building. I mean what is this! The line looked like one for an amusement park ride. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Krispy Kreme but it just seems a little extreme to stay in line for 2 hours for some glazed donuts. A friend of mine on the other hand thought it was worth it so he woke up early and stood in line a half and hour before it opened and he STILL had to wait for and hour and a half from then to get the donuts. The best part is....the rest of us stayed in bed and were happy to help him eat the little peices of heaven on earth when he got back to the room. : ) Any thoughts on if Krispy Kreme is worth this much work and waiting?

2 comments:

EJL said...

The lines are like that at the one in Rockville Maryland. Crazy. I'll take my chances with a donut from Giant or Dunkins...

I don't see the big deal really.

Thanks for comments at my place. I see that your fav book is Memoirs... was the book better than the movie, I ask b/c I think that is my next read. If you like Memoirs, you would like The Red Azalea

Kiara said...

Ive never heard of Giant. Are the donuts good there? Oh but I love dunkin donuts, especially their vanilla chai's. If you havent tried one, you should.

And yes, Memoirs of a Geisha is my favorite book. I think that the book was by far better than the book partially because I was sort of upset that the main character was played by a woman that is not even Japanese. Im a little bias because I grew up in Japan. But I would recommend it to anyone. I couldn't put it down. I'll have to look up The Red Azalea.

P.S. I'm not gonna lie...I was really excited that you commented on my page. I read your blog all the time so to me you're a bit of a celebrity. : )